Upgrade of Aquene Theme to newest version possible?
Hi, I got the Aquene theme when I upgraded to the Business plan of WordPress.com. The version 1.0.0 is unchanged since then.
What do I need to do to upgrade to the newest version?
Are there any risks when upgrading the v1.0.0 to the newest one?
Best regards, Andreas
The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)tarasdashkevychTheme Author
WordPress.com has closed its premium themes collection.
Here is more information about it (note, it talks about the Prosperity theme but it also applies to other themes that were in premium theme collection): https://premium-themes.forums.wordpress.com/topic/prosperity-theme-retired/?view=all#post-164128
“The version 1.0.0 is unchanged since then.”
– The theme had frequent updates when the premium theme collection was open at WordPress.com, even though the version was 1.0.0 (since the theme was updated automatically by a WordPress.com core so there was no need to change the theme version).
After the premium theme collection was closed at WordPress, we (theme shops) were no longer able to push updates to our themes.
“What do I need to do to upgrade to the newest version?”
– You need to have a self-hosted version of the theme, which can be purchased at Themes Harbor (please note, WordPress.com plans do not grant the theme license).
– Here is a changelog for Aquene: https://themesharbor.com/changelogs/
– Here is a demo for Aquene: https://demo.themesharbor.com/aquene/
– Self-hosted version of the theme: https://themesharbor.com/downloads/aquene/
“Are there any risks when upgrading the v1.0.0 to the newest one?”
– You should not have any critical issues when updating to the latest theme version since you have not made any changes to the theme files.
However, you might need to re-set your global custom colors (for example, accent color) when using a self-hosted version of the theme.
Please let me know if you have any additional questions.
- The topic ‘Upgrade of Aquene Theme to newest version possible?’ is closed to new replies.