Technical issues with Chapters
I purchased your theme (Chapters) on WordPress.com for my blog at http://joroyes.wordpress.com. Overall, it is a fantastic theme and aptly suits the (pun intended) theme of my blog.
However, there are some technical issues with the theme.
1) When the top-left ‘chapters’ menu is clicked, the first chapter in the list is partially hidden behind the ‘chapters’ menu.
2) The ‘next’ and ‘previous’ chapter buttons are inactive when viewing the home page of the blog, even though there are multiple posts. It is expected that at least the ‘previous’ chapter button should be active and when clicked it loads the previous post.
3) The ‘standard’ WordPress.com sharing buttons are not displayed when viewing the most recent post on the home page of the blog. However, when you go to the post by clicking its link, the ‘standard’ WordPress.com sharing buttons are visible and active.
4) When the ‘next’ chapter button is clicked, it loads the previous post and when the ‘previous’ chapter button is clicked, it loads the next post. This should function in the reverse.
5) When the gravatar icons of users who like a post are clicked/moused over, the gravatar details are displayed behind the post instead of above it, and is therefore partially hidden.
This was checked on a Mac running OSX 10.6.8 with Safari 5.1.5, Firefox 11.0 and Chrome 18.0.x
Let me commend you again on a very creatively designed theme. I look forward to your kind attention in resolving the captioned issues in an update.
Thanks in advance.
The blog I need help with is joroyes.wordpress.com.
Happy you are enjoying the Chapters theme and I hope to get these remaining technical issues fixed for you.
1. I’m seeing this happen as well. I’m curious if you add a navigation to the top, like in our demo http://chaptersdemo.wordpress.com/, if things look good again.
2. Correct. Not seeing this happen on the demo site either http://chaptersdemo.wordpress.com/ but I definitely do on your’s. I’ll have to look into this a bit more with our team here at Woo.
3. These WordPress.com sharing buttons are added to all single posts and pages. Although your home page is a post with Chapters, within WordPress it is considered your home page and not a single post.
4. Correct. I’m seeing this as well and will pass this on.
5. I’m seeing this as well. Not in Chrome/Safari but in FF.
Thank you for these. I have taken notes and will pass them along to be patched in Chapters.
Let me know if you have any questions.
The topic ‘Technical issues with Chapters’ is closed to new replies.