Slideshow Template: Creation and Display
- The topic ‘Slideshow Template: Creation and Display’ is closed to new replies.
Need help? Check out our Support site, then
Hello! I see the Slideshow template available but don’t understand how to leverage it, such that the images appear, one after the other as seen in the demo: https://connectdemo.wordpress.com/slideshow/ I understand the ability creating a gallery but that’s different, correct? What is the purpose and usage of the Slideshow template and how is it created, etc.? Thanks! Cheers, Jason
The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)
The slideshow template allows you to display images in a slideshow above content from a page. You can see an example of this in the demo here: https://connectdemo.wordpress.com/slideshow/.
To create the slideshow you would follow these steps:
1) Create a new page and assign it to the ‘Slideshow Page Template’ under Page Attributes.
2) Using the ‘Add Media’ button, upload NEW media files, create a gallery to re-order these, and ‘X’ out of the window (if you click the insert into page the images will show as thumbnails bellow your slideshow).
3) Add content to your page if you wish to.
4) Publish and add the page to your menu.
Let me know if you have any other questions.