Setting up the theme
Hi, I have followed the instructions to set up static page but there are still lots of things that don’t look the way they should in the theme.
– When I add menu to the page it appears at the top above the name of the website. When I visit the page, I can see two menus, yet in preview from the wordpress there is only one. Same was happening with the search field. There is one at the top I don’t know how to cancel, so I had to remove the widget search otherwise I end up with two.
– I tried creating a test post and published it to be viewed by admin, and I can’t see it anywhere on the site, it’s supposed to be published in Home
– When I preview the post the text appears underneath the photo and not in the window in the photo like in your theme. Can you please let me know which widget to use for that.
– Can you please let me know where I can change the name of the author, I couldn’t find the option to do so.
– I would like to have the top of the page where the name of the website and menu are in a different colour background. When I try changing background, I can only change it for the whole page.
I would appreciate your urgent response as I am trying to start using the website and can’t without this initial set up.
The blog I need help with is blog.design-collection.co.uk.
The topic ‘Setting up the theme’ is closed to new replies.