Setting up Bottom section with 'Text Widget' and Blog page as featured column
I’ve started building a site using the Organization Theme. I’m trying to replicate the layout according to the Setup documentation, but I am wondering how to generate the bottom section above the social links. I have some text that I want to include in the ‘Text Widget’ section, but the setup doesn’t mention it…or have I missed something?
Also, I would like to include my Blog as one of the 3 featured categories: https://snipboard.io/lHUj16.jpg
Is this possible to do with a paragraph of introductory text?
The blog I need help with is wildramblings.com.au.
No problem. The bottom section above the social links in the footer is generated by using widgets. Within the WordPress admin, navigate to Appearance > Widgets as seen in the following screenshot: https://cloudup.com/c3hIaCS-mFa
Then, you can change the Text Widget content, and change or remove the other footer widgets.
Displaying a blog as one of the featured pages on the home page is a little more tricky, only be cause the blog is technically an archive of posts, and not a page. However, we can get around this by following these instructions.
1. Within the WordPress admin, navigate to Plugins > Add New.
2. Install and Activate the “Page Links To” plugin, https://wordpress.org/plugins/page-links-to/
3. Create a new page by navigating to Pages > Add New in the admin.
4. Title your new page “Blog” or “Latest News” or something of that nature.
5. Add a Featured Image and Excerpt to the page.
6. Within the Page settings on the right, add a Custom URL link to your blog page, https://cloudup.com/cjeYUNQ03jd
7. Publish the page.
8. Navigate to Appearance > Customize > Theme and select your newly created page as one of the “Middle Content Blocks” in the options.
9. Save your changes in the Customizer.
As a result, your new page will be displayed on the home page with a Featured Image and the Excerpt introductory text, and when clicking to view the page you will be directed to the blog.
I hope this helps.
The topic ‘Setting up Bottom section with 'Text Widget' and Blog page as featured column’ is closed to new replies.