Setting up Bottom section with 'Text Widget' and Blog page as featured column
- The topic ‘Setting up Bottom section with 'Text Widget' and Blog page as featured column’ is closed to new replies.
Need help? Check out our Support site, then
I’ve started building a site using the Organization Theme. I’m trying to replicate the layout according to the Setup documentation, but I am wondering how to generate the bottom section above the social links. I have some text that I want to include in the ‘Text Widget’ section, but the setup doesn’t mention it…or have I missed something?
Also, I would like to include my Blog as one of the 3 featured categories: https://snipboard.io/lHUj16.jpg
Is this possible to do with a paragraph of introductory text?
The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)
No problem. The bottom section above the social links in the footer is generated by using widgets. Within the WordPress admin, navigate to Appearance > Widgets as seen in the following screenshot: https://cloudup.com/c3hIaCS-mFa
Then, you can change the Text Widget content, and change or remove the other footer widgets.
Displaying a blog as one of the featured pages on the home page is a little more tricky, only be cause the blog is technically an archive of posts, and not a page. However, we can get around this by following these instructions.
1. Within the WordPress admin, navigate to Plugins > Add New.
2. Install and Activate the “Page Links To” plugin, https://wordpress.org/plugins/page-links-to/
3. Create a new page by navigating to Pages > Add New in the admin.
4. Title your new page “Blog” or “Latest News” or something of that nature.
5. Add a Featured Image and Excerpt to the page.
6. Within the Page settings on the right, add a Custom URL link to your blog page, https://cloudup.com/cjeYUNQ03jd
7. Publish the page.
8. Navigate to Appearance > Customize > Theme and select your newly created page as one of the “Middle Content Blocks” in the options.
9. Save your changes in the Customizer.
As a result, your new page will be displayed on the home page with a Featured Image and the Excerpt introductory text, and when clicking to view the page you will be directed to the blog.
I hope this helps.