related post thumbnails, media likes, floating menu
Hi again Shroote: Three things are off a bit, I think. Help?
1. Likes do not show on media in carousel when I have a WP gallery. The dashboard setting for “show likes on media” is correct. But does not show on the carousel. http://canadianartjunkie.com/2014/02/16/sybil-and-cyril-transatlantic-printmaking/
2. Menu no longer floats. (I think that was a bug / update?)
3. In the wp.org version of Outspoken, and in all other WordPress.com themes, the related post thumbnails are a uniform size. The ones in Outspoken are a huge variety of sizes. Is that part of the theme design? Or should they be smaller? What do you think.
Thank you. Again, love this theme – one of the reasons is its flexibility. I’m not using the 100% slider and yet I have a decent sized slider in its place at the top of the home page – great option. I’ll use the bigger slider from time to time when the quality of the art or photo justifies it. Having lots of fun with this theme !
The blog I need help with is: canadianartjunkie.com
Oops. Never mind about likes on the media. I’m told there is no WordPress.com function that enables “likes” on a carousel. Apologies.
So it’s just #2 – menu and #3 related post thumbnail size.
Thanks for using the theme, it’s nice to hear that you like it so much. About your issues:
2. It seems to me that floating is working, but you have no links in your menu or no menu at all?
3. wp.org version of Outspoken is different from wp.com version, we had to change a lot of functionality to make it work “wp.com way”. Related posts are one of those things, we’re using custom code for .org version. I’ll see what I can do about it, I wanted them to be square here actually.
Thanks. I think the issue is I have the menu in the top bar, not down below. So the floating menu only works when the links are in the main menu? (Not the top menu) I’m OK with that.
Yes floating is not for top menu, even option says “Floating Main Menu”. Thumbnails for related posts get cropped and square if images are bigger than 640px, other than that everything looks as it’s supposed to.
So I’ve moved the menu to the main spot, below the header. Thanks.
The topic ‘related post thumbnails, media likes, floating menu’ is closed to new replies.