No title; images not responsive on phone, home page fdrops widgets
1, There is no title on my site, where has it gone? It was in the preview.
2. I save widgets to the side bar/ home page, they look great and then later on they are simply gone and it has changed to a full width page.
3. Ithought this was supposed to be responsive…when I view images in phone width, they are black.
Thank you for patience.
The blog I need help with is: madgardener1.com
#1 and #2 are the result of misconfiguration. Can you provide the account ‘rezzap’ with access (our main support person) and we’ll take a look.
For #3, what device are you using?
Thank you Jeremy, sent off invite to rezzap (hope that is Rebecca)
#3 working fine today on my iPhone 5S.
Previews of alternate devices that did not work was on a PC at the time of writing.
Thank you for the invite. I did receive it but will need to be added as an admin user in order to have access to the dashboard. Can you change this setting?
Also, can you confirm what you mean by ‘site title’? Are you hoping for it to display above the current header image you have in place now or where the ‘Home’ now displays?
I am off to change you to admin now.
Yes, I expected the title to be above the header as it is on the previews promoting the theme. If I deleted the header, would the home page slide show work (with the menu below it)?
You are already listed as an admin user on my user settings….
Thanks, I’m able to see the dashboard now. :)
The theme is setup to either display the header or the site title. If you wanted both to show you would need to include the site title in your header image.
As for displaying the home page slideshow, the issue is simply with your configuration of the home page. You will need to assign it to the ‘Homepage template’ under Page Attributes (from within the page editor itself) rather than to the default template. Once you have done this the homepage slider will display.
For slides to show you would then need to follow the steps as listed bellow:
1) Create a new category for the posts you would like to feature in the homepage slider.
2) Create new posts (or use existing posts) and assign them to the category you just created. To this post you will need to upload a featured image under the ‘featured image’ field located on the bottom right of the post editor page.
3) Navigate to appearance > Theme Options and assign the category you just created to the Slideshow Category (you can also set some other options for the slider from there).
Hopefully this gets you started. Let me know if you need any more information.
Many thanks Rebecca!
I am now looking forward to another go-round using your advice.
Will let you know how I make out. TY!- June
Sounds good June! Let me know if you need any more information.
The topic ‘No title; images not responsive on phone, home page fdrops widgets’ is closed to new replies.