Leave a Reply box colour new post category
1 The Leave a Reply box under my post pages is white font on black background. Can you send code that will reverse this please?
2 At present my page has only film reviews. If I want to publish Articles is there a way for these to appear on a separate page?
The blog I need help with is: cinemusefilms.com
1. Please, check out my reply here: https://premium-themes.forums.wordpress.com/topic/leave-a-reply-box-colour?replies=2
2. I’m afraid it is not possible to do using current setup. You can use Portfolio custom post type for reviews though: https://jetpack.com/support/custom-content-types/
Please, check it out to see if that’s something you can use.
Thank you yuriyportnykh; I missed your earlier reply to #1 above.
Re #2, I have activated the Portfolio custom content type but cannot see what to do next or what it is meant to achieve. Can you direct me to more information on how to use it please?
You can start adding new portfolio posts, once Portfolio custom content type is activated ( Dashboard / Portfolio / Add New ). The easiest way would be creating your Blog Posts as Portfolio items.
Once you’re done adding several Portfolio posts, you can create a new page, called “Blog” and put the following code into its content:
[portfolio display_types=false display_tags=false columns=3 showposts=10 order=desc]
It will display all portfolio items on “Blog” page. The only downside is that a blog post URL will look like this:
I think that should work for you, if you’re ok with the word portfolio in the URL.
Please, let us know if you need more help.
Sorry to be a bother, but I’m still confused about your advice re #2 above. Are you able to send me a link to a site that uses the feature as you describe? I cannot picture what will be the effect and whether it will achieve what I am hoping for.
Sorry I couldn’t get back to you earlier.
I created the Blog page on our demo site, you can check it out to see if that’s something you can use on your site.
You should receive an invitation to view our test site.
Please, let me know if that worked for you.
There seems to be a problem with the link you sent. It gives me the following message: As a member of the extended Automattic family, you must enable 2-step authentication before proceeding to this site.
When I click to the next stage, it says I dont need authenication but gives me no options to view your blog.
While waiting for your reply, I set up an extra Page to post the material I enquired about earlier. It seems to work OK. Can you take a look and tell me what your Blog would do that my new ESSAYS page does not? thanks
My Blog page looks a bit different. I’ve made a few screenshots for you. So here’s what I did:
– I created several portfolio items via Dashboard / Portfolio: https://cloudup.com/cMoYTwqxCKG
– Then I published a new page, called Blog: https://cloudup.com/czpLjhgCWzd
– Here’s the screenshot of the Blog page on our site: https://cloudup.com/cca7L7G4-2k
– When you click on Portfolio Item title, it takes you to the single portfolio page, that looks like this: https://cloudup.com/cAwdgK-C-ht
Thank you so much for being so helpful.
The topic ‘Leave a Reply box colour new post category’ is closed to new replies.