Images, Sidebars & URL-linking
We have used your wonderful theme to build our site, https://platein28.com. We have run into a few questions we would appreciate some help with:
1. Is there a way to add small images or icons to the POST titles, so that these images appear before (to the left of) the text of the blog post titles?
2. We’ve noticed that our side bars appear at the page and category level, but they are not appearing at the post level. How can we ensure that the sidebars we create appear on every page and post? When we create the sidebars, we have indicated on the sidebar widget that they should appear everywhere but they are not showing up at the post-level.
3. We are also having an issue with our sidebar shortcode widgets. We are trying to use the same image on these widgets on multiple posts, but have the image link to a different URL for each post. Is this possible to do without having to manually copy and save the image under a different name with a different URL for every new post?
Thanks so much!
The blog I need help with is: platein28.com
thank you for using our theme.
Can you please make your website live so I can check it and see if I can help you with your questions?
All the best,
Hi. We just made it public. Thanks for your help.
1. do you mean that post featured images are on the left side of the title? Unfortunately this is not possible with this theme and using a lot of custom CSS will do the trick but I would not advise it as it is more things in play and you need to pay attention also to the responsive design and how it will look on the mobile.
2. I’m not sure what you mean, I just checked your website and see the sidebar on the right also on the post pages. If you mean some widgets are missing in sidebars, this can be because of the visibility feature. Please read more about it here: https://en.support.wordpress.com/widgets/ – part Widget Visibility
3. can you please give me more info about this widget shortcode, what are you exactly using as this is not in relation with the theme. From what I can tell, I think you’ll need manually to change the link if you are using the same image.
All the best,
The topic ‘Images, Sidebars & URL-linking’ is closed to new replies.