How can I show excerpts only instead of full posts on the homepage?
If you add a “Read More” break in every individual blog post it will appear on the homepage blog post.
There is another way to do this. It involves a bit more work but then you can control the way all your posts look without changing each individual post.
1. Create a page (not a post). This page is going to be your new home page.
2. On that page, click the plus icon to add a “block”.
3. Scroll through the blocks and find the one for Latest Blog posts.
4. Change the settings (over on the right hand side) to show only 2 or 3 lines of the blog post. Decide if you want it to show the date.
5. Add other stuff you want on your front page below or above this block.
7. Change THAT new page to be your home page in your menu settings.
Now… every blog post you write will only show up with a few lines of text (however many you set). Aaannnd…. you can go back and increase or decrease that number of lines and all your blogposts will modify. Otherwise… you’ll have to go back and customize every.individual.blog.post if you want to change it.
Always try to build your blog/site in a way that lets you change all the posts or pages at once rather than customizing each individual one.
- The topic ‘How can I show excerpts only instead of full posts on the homepage?’ is closed to new replies.