Homepage setup – Cannot get there following instructions
The main reason I purchased this theme is because of the slideshow featured on the home page. I want to create the exact of slideshow on the home page that is featured in the theme’s info section. I am following the instructions that are show in the “setup” section and read through the support blog section that explains an alternative.
I have not been able to do so no matter what I try. I have spent hours trying to set this up. I am admittedly a noob, but after several hours testing, trying, reading every instruction herein, I get nowhere. Maybe I am missing a step or something subtle has changed.
Can someone point me to the instructions based on what is available from WordPress as of Feb 8 2017 to create the featured slideshow on the front page. I don’t mean kind of, I mean the exact thing.
thanks in advance…
The blog I need help with is miltonlauphotography.com.
Sorry to hear you’ve been having a hard time with the setup of the homepage in the theme. I’ll try my best to explain things clearly to you bellow, but let me know if anything is unclear and you need more info. :)
1) Create a number of posts. To each of these posts assign a featured image. Each posts will have one image assigned to it, and this is the image that shows in the slider (one post per slide).
2) Assign these posts to the same category, e.g. ‘featured’.
3) Create a new page and assign this page to the Home Page Template.
4) Navigate to Customizing > Static Front Page and assign this page (Home) as your Static Front Page.
5) Navigate to your WP admin dashboard. You’ll find this by typing in your URL followed by /wp-admin (https://miltonlauphotography.com/wp-admin). Once here, navigate to Appearance > Theme Options and you’ll see a number of options available for the theme. The first option here should be the Slideshow Category. Assign the category you created in #2 to this field and edit the other options available here for the slideshow. It should look like this: https://www.dropbox.com/s/daap6u8a32lh5fs/Screenshot%202017-02-09%2013.57.24.png?dl=0.
Navigate to the bottom of that page and save the options. You should now have a slideshow on your front page.
Give this a try and let me know if there’s anything else you need clarification on.
Hello I have tried to fix the problem for couples of days but I foundthat I don’t have the theme options in my appearance selections! It is disappointing that I can’t make the slideshow in my page, which I paid it! please help and thanks.
The blog I need help with is girlsgardenhk.com
It looks like you don’t have the Photographer Theme activated on your site. Have you purchased the theme in connection with this site? You won’t see the Theme Options unless you have the theme activated.
Rebecca! Your instructions worked. Thank you. I was so relieved to finally get this working.
Glad to hear that sorted things for you Milton! :) If there’s anything else, don’t be shy to ask.
The topic ‘Homepage setup – Cannot get there following instructions’ is closed to new replies.