hero slide, image appear small even if 1600×440

• Author

maxguzzo
    Original poster

hi there
    I think I followed all instruction to upload a personal image on the blog.
    created a post (private), uploading a picture 1600×400 (should I care about a particular dpi size? – I guess I was 200)
    assigned category “hero”
    the image appear in its place, but redemensioned very small.
    I did care to upload the image full size and everything should be right.
    I did noticed also that if I click on the image it appear alone, with regular size..
    where I m wrong?
    thanks sooomuch!

The blog I need help with is: maxguzzo.com

thelukemcdonald
    Theme Author

I’ld recommend viewing the “How to setup the Hero Slides area?” via the theme documentation.

In short, you set your background image by setting a featured image. Do not insert the image into the content area. More on all this in the documentation. Let me know if that helps.

maxguzzo
    Original poster

hi, as 1st thank you so much for your answere, I did read that before but unfortunately I was not able to solve my problem.
    if you have the chance to check my blog now, http://www.maxguzzo.com you will see that the background image is ok, as I want it, my problem is with the image above, I would love to obtain an effect like http://ricochetband.com/ their upper image is cool, I would love to be able to obtain that effect.
    so, I did upload the image. I did follow all the instruction you sent me on “how to setup the Hero Slides area” everything looks being fine, but the image appear much smaller than it’s size.
    if u can help me find a clue solving this, that would be grateful! :)
    thanks again!

thelukemcdonald
    Theme Author

The Hero Slider background images can be 1600 x 440 px in max size. For more control over your background images and to fill the entire Hero Slider width, I recommend cropping your images to these dimensions or as close to as possible. The main focus here would be the 440px height.

maxguzzo
    Original poster

hi!
    I was just working on it, I finally dealed with it!
    thank u sooo much for support
    now, the only one thing I miss, is how to hide those posts who feature images.. I d love them to be not visible
    if I set them as private they disappear from the list and are no more featured..
    thnks so much, your theme rock!

thelukemcdonald
    Theme Author

I would recommend setting up the Hero Slider as described in the theme documentation, “How to setup the Hero Slides area?“.

In short, create a new category called Hero Slides, place all “slides” in that category, and set the Hero Slider to user that category. More on this in the theme documentation.

The topic ‘hero slide, image appear small even if 1600×440’ is closed to new replies.