Getting started with the theme
I have a couple of questions about using the theme:
– Could you please tell me how to create pages that show content in boxes like the “Recipes” page or “Recipes One” page in the demo? I tried to create a category called “Recipes” and put some posts underneath it, but they are shown as normal blog posts. I also tried to create a page with child pages, but the children don’t show up anywhere. I’m referring to this page in the demo: http://sweetlifedemo.wordpress.com/recipes/
– How to create a home page with a gallery and the three columns below, like: http://sweetlifedemo.wordpress.com/home/home-one/
– How to show the header image on the front page, but not on blog posts and blog post categories?
– What are the differences between the page template “Default template”, “Full-width” and “Home Page” and when to use each?
The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)anarieldesignTheme Author
thanks for using this theme.
Can you please take a look and read everything carefully here: http://theme.wordpress.com/themes/sweet-life/support/
For your first question, “Recipes” page, please read everything inside “Recipes” part on this page: http://theme.wordpress.com/themes/sweet-life/support/
We didn’t use categories to make this, we just used page for it and dropped shortcodes for Jetpack recipes: http://en.support.wordpress.com/shortcodes/recipes/
Home page is also explained on the support page: http://theme.wordpress.com/themes/sweet-life/support/
Header image is same for the home page and blog, if you don’t want to use it you can remove header image. Also if you want to have image on the home page and not on the blog you can use Home One version.
Please read first support page, we tried to explained each and every part of the theme and if you’ll still have some questions let us know, we will try to help you further.
- The topic ‘Getting started with the theme’ is closed to new replies.