HI. I have so many problems I need help with.
I purchased Exhibit in August. I’m about to ask for my money back. I hope we can resolve the problems I have so I don’t have to ask for money back. Blah blah blah. OKAY
1) I want to have a photo displayed of me on the homepage page only. It is apparently on display on every single tab you click when browsing through my website. I just want to feature my photo on the home page. How do I do that?
2) We have discussed this issue briefly in a forum not too long ago. You had told me to purchase premium services to fix this problem.
I was about to do that, but I already purchased the exhibit theme for $79, Do I have to purchase premium services for another $99? I can’t afford to pay 99 more dollars towards this website. If I have to pay $20 more dollars for premium service, I will do so. Do you know if I would have to pay an additional 99 or 20 in order to fix problem 1.
3) I am trying to add widgets and sidebars to alansquats.com but am having lots of difficulty doing this. I have tried multiple ways of doing this. Can you help me figure this out? I really need your help.
The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)
Hi there – thanks for the message and sorry to hear you’re having problems with the theme.
Before answering I want to clarify that I am not a wordpress.com employee. I am a self employed web designer who makes WordPress themes. As such – I can’t change prices/ give refunds/ make changes to your site. The reason I say this is that you’ve mentioned refunds and price changes – neither of which I can control.
To answer your questions.
1) The header image is designed to be on every page of the site. If you have the premium design upgrade then I can give you some custom css to only show it on the homepage.
2) The premium update costs $99 a year. There’s no way to change the price that I am aware of.
3) I need more information to be able to help here – your problem is very vague. There’s info on using widgets here: https://en.support.wordpress.com/widgets/ – if you can explain what you want to do and what you’ve tried then perhaps I can give you more specific help.
Regarding asking for a refund – wordpress.com has a 30 day refund policy. Since you bought the theme in August I can’t promise they will give you a refund now. There’s info on refunds here: https://en.support.wordpress.com/refunds/ – if you decide to go down that route then you’d be best off talking to them through their contact page – https://en.support.wordpress.com/contact/squatro73MemberOriginal poster
is there a way to put up social links, i.e. facebook, youtube, instagram, email, etc. ABOVER or to the RIGHT of header: Alan Squats
also, is there a way to organize my homepage so you don’t have to keep scrolling down forever to get to the page’s end?
I’d like to shorten up the LENGTH of my home page.
There’s no way to add the social links above the header.
To shorten the homepage you will need to disable infinite scroll. Info on that is here: https://en.support.wordpress.com/infinite-scroll/bjornbouldingMember
I am in the same boat as Squatro73 in that I want to have a different header photo displayed on each of my 6 pages. I have purchased the premium design upgrade so I was wondering if you could send me the custom CSS for that?
Also, is there any CSS or other trickery that I can use to get rid of the Site Title and Tagline, and instead make my logo fill up the entire block above the nav. bar? I’ve tried hiding the “display header text” and only showing my logo but the logo is too small and there is too much white space surrounding it.
Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks so much- this template ROCKS!
Hi Steve. Your situation is slightly different since you actually want to have the photos on every page whereas Squatro73 wanted to hide the photos on certain pages.
As such – if you set a featured image on each page then it should replace the header image with the featured image. Note this only works for pages, and not blog posts, but that looks like it will be fine for you.
There’s info on setting featured images here: https://en.support.wordpress.com/featured-images/
For the header text area – the logo is restricted to a certain size, but if you’re using the custom css then I can give you some code to add the logo of your choice above the nav. Alternatively you could hide the header entirely (use the ‘display header text’ setting) and stick to the header image that’s under the nav.
If you want the custom css for the header image then upload the image you want to use and send me a link and I can give you some css.
As an aside – in the future it would be easier for me to keep track of unreplied forum posts if you were to create a new one for your problems. Then I know who has posted what and who still needs help :)
Hopefully we can work this out!
- The topic ‘EXHIBIT PROBLEMS’ is closed to new replies.