I really appreciate you guys making the mobile update, and that seems to be working fine. But the web browser version is a little off this time.
1) there is a ton of white space under the slider now. it goes away with one refresh. but there should not have to be that additional refresh and it should load automatically. this wasn’t a problem previously.
2) there is also a lot of space under the learn more button of the 3 featured page columns now. Before, this wasn’t a problem. But ever since you updated the mobile version it appears this problem has been transferred to the web browser version.
Thanks for working on these changes with your developers!
The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)
We apologize for this issue, but thank you for bringing it to our attention. I will let our developers know, and we will get to work on a solution as soon as possible. In the meantime, I will try to find some CSS you can apply to fix the issue immediately on your site which I will post soon.
Thank you for your patience while we look into this…
no problem Emily, i know it’s not easy. If it were that simple i’d be able to fix it all myself without using a template or theme :)
Thanks for your patience. We’ve submitted the update to fix this issue – it has been received by WordPress.com and is currently under review. We hope this update will be released within the next couple of days.
Let us know if we can help with anything else. Thanks!
I am having the same large area of white space under my homepage slider now (4-14-20). It goes away after it moves to the next slide. Thanks for your help on this.
Hello @godcall, please see response to original question above. We have already submitted a fix for the issue via update, which is currently under the review process by WordPress.com. This process usually takes a few days. If you would like a status on when the update will be implemented, you will need to contact WordPress.com directly to find out the status – however, the update will be implemented automatically once it’s released. In the meantime, let us know if you have any other theme-related questions. Thank you!
1) white space under slider is now gone! well done
2) how do i remove the white space under the “learn more” button of the three featured page columns? this one sounds more like i just need a bit of CSS help from you, than a wordpress update
Let me know if we can help with anything else in the meantime. Thanks you.
Hi Emily, it appears the white space issue is still there under the slider. I viewed it from a different laptop and it’s there. I’m aware that you’ve already sent in the theme update and waiting for the change to be reviewed, so this message is just to let you know the issue is still present.
Hope it can be fixed soon so I can run some traffic to the blog, otherwise i’ll hold off on that for now till the page loads fine on mobile and desktop.
Thank you – sometimes it takes a few days for WordPress to release the update. We haven’t gotten notification that the update has been released yet, so it’s likely still under review. I’ll do my best to notify you here as soon as we’re aware WP.com has pushed the update.
- The topic ‘Desktop update’ is closed to new replies.