Category boxes below carousel
I can’t get the category boxes to appear below the carousel. As far as I can tell, I’ve followed the steps correctly but obviously I’m missing something. I assigned 6 sub categories to a parent and then assigned that parent to the featured category list under the carousel but they aren’t appearing. Not sure what I’m doing wrong….
The blog I need help with is santa-vision.com.
Can you confirm for me that you’ve assigned featured posts, to the posts in the selected categories?
As I understand, yes, I have. I used the ‘featured’ tag that I created in the theme customizer ‘featured content’ menu. Is that what you are asking me?
Apologies, I should have been clearer. This is the featured image functionality I meant to refer to: https://en.support.wordpress.com/featured-images. If you don’t have a featured image assigned to your posts, they won’t display on the homepage.
Yes, I did assign a feature image.
The issue, then, should be that the home page isn’t configured with the correct template. Can you confirm that you’ve followed these steps from the documentation (https://theme.wordpress.com/themes/demand/support/)?
Creating the Homepage Template
1. Go to Pages → Add New. Title the page whatever you would like; in our demo sample, we’ve titled the page “Home.”
2. Under Page Attributes, within the Template dropdown, select the “Home” template.
3. Click Update to save changes.
4. Navigate to My Sites → Customize and select Static Front Page to expand the options.
5. Set your Front page displays option to A static page, and select your new 6. Click Save & Publish on the Customizer options page to complete the setup.
That was it! Thank you!
Happy to help :) Cheers!
The topic ‘Category boxes below carousel’ is closed to new replies.