Can't Set Front Page
I’ve read most of your helpful forums re: the Connect theme, but for the life of me I can’t set my front page like the Demo. Not sure if it makes a difference that I upgraded to this theme from an existing blog …?
Anyway, I created a page “about”, set is as my HomePage in customize, but when I save it all my theme bio/contact info goes away. All I want on my front page is the header, contact info, photo, and little bio blurb like on the Demo — without it looking like a blog entry. How do I keep messing it up?? :)
Once I finally figure that out, will I able to put widgets just on the other tabs such as the blog tab?
Thanks in advance for your help,
The blog I need help with is dizzlerivera.wordpress.com.
To create the homepage as in the demo you will need to follow these steps:
1) Create a new page and assign it to the Home Page Template under Page Attributes.
2) If you wanted a header for this page you would upload a featured image to the page.
3) Navigate to Appearance > Customize > Front and select the option for a ‘Static Page’ and then assign your page you created to the Front page.
4) Navigate to Appearance > Customize > Theme and fill out the information to reflect your own which will display on the front page.
5) Save and add your page to your menu from Appearance > Menus.
Let me know if you’re still having issues after following these steps. The widgets are placed in both Sidebars which only display in certain pages. The right sidebar displays in the blog page and some of the templates the left sidebar as well as the right sidebar displays in the category pages and the three column template.
Let me know if you have any other questions.
Ha! I think these things only work when you walk us through them :) The front page is now successfully created, but there are no tabs at the top to navigate to each page. How do I get the tabs on the front page?
I figured that out, never mind :)
Thanks so much!
Glad to hear you got everything sorted! Let me know if you have any other questions.
The topic ‘Can't Set Front Page’ is closed to new replies.