500 error

• Author

I’m receiving this error message and have no idea what to do. A little research online tells me that it could be an internal problem with the theme (or something else). Can anyone help me figure out if this error message relates to the theme? I’m not a programmer and I haven’t even interacted with my site directly in the last 9 days as I’ve been away at a conference, so I haven’t made any internal changes to plugins or anything else.

Error Message reads:

“Error 500
    The server encountered a syntax error, and could not complete your request.
    Website owner? check your code, and your debug log, you may find a ‘parse’ error in there.
    Visitor? Try and reload it in a few minutes.”

Please I hope someone can help me, after a successful convention week the timing of a down website is absolutely a problem.

The blog I need help with is sleepyheadcentral.com.

mhthemes

Hi,

there is no syntax error in your theme and other sites with the same theme are running fine. It appears that this is a server issue. We’ve forwarded your request and you should get a reply from WordPress.com support staff soon, but we’re afraid that they probably won’t respond during the weekend.

Hi sleepyheadcentral,

I see that you’ve received help with this over email, so I’ll go ahead and close this thread and mark it as resolved.

The topic ‘500 error’ is closed to new replies.