4 questions

• Author

lifeizcrazy

1) Can you link from a page in a menu to category? Example: Menu: travel… opens a page about travel articles on the blog then click on a link to go all the category travel that has many posts on travel.
    2) If I change themes (I paid for one that’s now live, although under construction) will my paid theme be lost f I change to a free one? if its not lost, where will it sit on my menu or settings?
    3) Can you delete a category?
    4) I bought a domain lifeizcrazy.com but I must also protect my privacy. I think the WWW allows anyone to see ‘whois’ the owner of a domain. This is bad. Can I hide my details by buying privacy?! Yes/No and If not why not?

The blog I need help with is lifeizcrazy.com.

kathrynwp
    Staff

I’m sorry it looks like no one ever answered your questions here.

Let me try to answer them in case it still helps:

1) Can you link from a page in a menu to category?

Yes you can – our custom menu support page explains how:

http://en.support.wordpress.com/menus/#adding-category-pages

2) If I change themes (I paid for one that’s now live, although under construction) will my paid theme be lost f I change to a free one? if its not lost, where will it sit on my menu or settings?

You can switch back to a premium theme you’ve purchased at any time. Your settings should be retained, although you may need to move widgets from the Inactive Widgets area back to where they were, under Appearance > Widgets. You may also need to reassign the custom menu to the theme’s menu area, under Appearance > Menus.

3) Can you delete a category?

Sure, just head to Posts > Categories. You can learn more about managing categories on the support page.

4) I bought a domain lifeizcrazy.com but I must also protect my privacy. I think the WWW allows anyone to see ‘whois’ the owner of a domain. This is bad. Can I hide my details by buying privacy?! Yes/No and If not why not?

The privacy option hides your personal details from the public domain registry, and it looks like you’ve already added the privacy option.

If you have more questions like these that aren’t specifically related to a theme, please feel free to post them in the Themes forum here:

http://en.forums.wordpress.com/forum/themes

The topic ‘4 questions’ is closed to new replies.