4 column block on pc to be viewed as 2 rows of 2 on mobile

• Author

drstavrov

Hey Taras,
    Once again I need your help. I saw a topic with a similar problem but I couldn’t manage to fully understand it.

Please take a look at this page:

https://drstavrov.com/aestheticdermatology/fillers/lips/

I would like to add a block between the ones that already exist, which consists of 4 columns, each of the with 25% width. I would like when I open the page from mobile to be seen as 2 rows, with 2 columns, each one of them with 50% width. I will use the same on different pages and I don’t have any 4 column blocks at the moment.

Is it possible to assist me with the custom CSS?

Best regards,

Stavrov.

The blog I need help with is drstavrov.com.

tarasdashkevych
    Theme Author

Hello Stavrov,

“I would like to add a block between the ones that already exist…”
    – To add a grid to your page, please use the Columns block. The block also allows to set number of columns in your grid.

“I would like when I open the page from mobile to be seen as 2 rows, with 2 columns, each one of them with 50% width.”
    – By default, the block does not provide such functionality but we can use a custom CSS to have such layout in mobile views.

Once your grid is added to the page using the Columns block, please also add a custom CSS class to the Columns block: https://wordpress.com/support/adding-additional-css-classes-to-blocks/

For example, you can use lips-info as your custom CSS class for the block.

Please let me know when it’s done, so I can inspect your page and develop a custom CSS for you.

Kind regards,
    Taras

drstavrov

Hello Taras,
    Thanks for the fast response. I will do this tomorrow and reply you when I am ready. Thanks!

drstavrov

Hello Taras,
    I’ve added the columns and images as you said. Please let me know if you need further assist from me.

Best regards,
    Stavrov

tarasdashkevych
    Theme Author

Hi Stavrov,

Please add this custom CSS to your site to create a two columns layout for your grid in mobile views:

/* Display 2 columns layout in mobile views when Columns block has lips-info class. */
    @media (max-width: 500px) {
      .wp-block-columns.lips-info {
        display: grid;
        grid-template-columns: 1fr 1fr;
        grid-gap: 1rem;
      }

.wp-block-columns.lips-info > * {
        margin-top: 0;
      }
    }

Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Kind regards,
    Taras

drstavrov

Hello Taras,
    I’ve just added it via my WordPress mobile app and looks great.
    Once again thanks for kind support.

Best regards,
    Stavrov

tarasdashkevych
    Theme Author

You are always welcome, Stavrov!

Kind regards,
    Taras

The topic ‘4 column block on pc to be viewed as 2 rows of 2 on mobile’ is closed to new replies.